500g chicken breast, diced
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 tsp. basil
2 tbsp. Schwartz BBQ Spice Mix
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic
300ml chicken stock (2 stock cube)
For the quinoa:
- Combine uncooked, rinsed quinoa with 300ml chicken stock into pressure cooker and use the rice setting (usually 10 minutes)
- If no pressure cooker, add chicken stock to pan over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Add the quinoa to the boiling stock, stir, cover and then reduce to a low simmer to 20 minutes or until most of the water has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat and drain any excess stock, let stand for 10 minutes.
For the chicken mixture:
- Combine olive oil with BBQ spice mix and then rub over diced chicken, set aside.
- Chop the onions and garlic, set aside.
- Combine chopped tomatoes and basil in a small bowl and stir, set aside.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add the chicken and marinade mixture. Allow cooking for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and allow cooking for a further 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and basil to the pan and allow to low simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add to prepared quinoa and enjoy!